A friend got inspired by the high quality geoaches he saw on Progeocaching and put together one which is an
example of how to make an excellent creative geocache. He suggested that I might like to check it out and put it up on Progeocaching. It's located in some bush in the south of Sydney, Australia.
The cache was placed on 11 November 2011 (11/11/11), so the co-ordinates and numbers used to solve the final co-ordinates are based around that.
I know that he went to some trouble to make this as high quality as possible.
So what is it that makes this a high quality geocache?
- Adventure. It's a great walk/ride in to areas that few people visit.
- Physically challenging. It involved mountain biking, some bush-bashing and rock climbing - but nothing exhausting;
- Mentally challenging. It required doing some research, solving a puzzle and following some instructions on how to operate the equipment - but you didn't need to be Einstein;
- Educational. Because of the research involved I learnt things that I didn't know before.
- Nice location. It's in the middle of a nice piece of bush and is somewhere that I wouldn't have visited if not for this.
- Overall good experience. I came away with a sense of achievement and thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing. Isn't that what's it's all about?
There is no comparison to some dodgy micro located in a non-descript location.
I rated this very highly. It's an example of a high quality geocache and is what we all should be aspiring to.
Well done mate!
Check out the video.
If you can't see the video, click here.